Coating and Plating Quality
Experience is the key to success and LoneStar builds in the quality with its 5- step preparation and application process. Every coated or plated fastener is subjected to a rigorous quality process that includes:
- Surface Cleaning - Metal surfaces are cleaned by chemical or thermal degreasing process.
- Surface Blast - Metal surfaces are abrasive blast as required.
- Basecoat application - All surfaces are coated with phosphate, sacrificial base coat, primer, or ceramic metallic base-coat per the customer procedure or coating specification.
- Topcoat Application - All surfaces are sprayed with a Fluoropolymer topcoat for a total dry film thickness of 1 to 1 ½ mil.
- Thermal Cure - Parts are thermally cured in controlled ovens per manufacturer’s procedures to insure corrosion protection and adhesion.
Lone Star proves the quality of its products by providing in-house Salt Fog Testing in full compliance to the strict requirements of ASTM B-117. With the capability to produce 10 tons per shift, Lone Star removes coated and plated samples from daily production and places them in the salt spray cabinet to insure that every bolt meets our documented QC standards.