Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control Services
LoneStar Fasteners offers Supply Chain Management and Inventory Management Programs that reduce your cost of purchasing, receiving, and moving inventory. The focus of every program is to insure that the right fastener is in the right place at the right time.
Our top notch customer service ensures that all phases of purchasing, inventory management, advanced material management, shipping, and receiving meet your requirements for lower cost products and fast, on-time delivery.
Supply Chain Management
We coordinate the vendor / supplier relationship and shift the responsibility from your managers to LoneStar by analyzing usage, workflow and other value added processes through a plan that includes increased technical support and:
- Identification of inventory and usage points.
- Creation of a logistics plan for inventory movement.
- Establishing a Lone Star customer service team at the location (if requested)
- Install electronic links (Phones, computers, EDI etc.), if required.
- Organize inventory and build an inventory catalog.
- Creation of a secured Lone Star stocking area.
In addition to shortening the supply chain, the reduced lead times can lead to a decrease your total inventory dollars. LoneStar ensures a continued reduction of the total acquisition cost, by reviewing cost savings and program effectiveness on a quarterly basis.
Inventory Control Services
Alternate methods for just in time fastener acquisition include LoneStar and client managed options as defined below.
Vendor Stock/Bin Stock for all repetitive parts.
LoneStar Managed Inventory
- LoneStar will establish “bin” area as close as possible to points of use.
- Bins will include custom bar-code, with a defined min/max level for item stock.
- Bin levels, frequency of audit, delivery methods and frequency of delivery are established.
- Bins are inventoried as scheduled, utilizing our state of the art bar coding capabilities.
- Orders are automatically generated and filled.
- Orders are delivered to customer site and either put directly into bins, or delivered for bin replenishment by client personnel.
- Electronic delivery information, invoicing or summary billing can be performed daily, weekly, or monthly.
- MTR’s are accessible on-line through LoneStar Fasteners website.
- The program is reviewed quarterly for performance, turns, and stock levels.
- LoneStar Fasteners and customer will establish a number of Contract Part Numbers to maintain, along with min/max quantities, or order as needed.
- LoneStar will manage your inventory through your system or ours in accordance with established criteria.
- LoneStar and computer system will access “our” part numbers only on customer computer system on a daily basis to replenish stock as needed in accordance with pre-established rules by creating purchase orders, requisitions for approval to purchase, etc., in the client’s system.
LoneStar Fasteners has extensive experience in kitting of component parts for clients in the valve market. We provide all bags, boxes, labels, and other supplies required.
- Kitting saves our customers money, inventory space, time in pulling of component parts from inventory, and assembly by having all required parts at hand.
- Through the LoneStar Sealing Technologies division, LoneStar can provide kits that include bolting and a variety of gaskets and seals.
LoneStar will provide trained personnel to service and manage your fastener purchases by reviewing your part numbers, and recommending consolidations and cost-saving ideas.
LoneStar can provide reports that are standard or custom, monthly or one-time, on paper, disk, or via e-mail. These reports allow customer control of programs and provide invaluable information to assess past, current and future needs. Some of our more detailed management reports options include:
Payment Methods in Standardized Format
- Customized Billing Reports (Summary or Individual).
- Customized Usage Reports by Part Number, Quantity, and Price.
- Customer Cross-Reference Reports-Forecast to Actual.
- Customer Stock Reports-Consigned, Bin or Customer Inventory.
- On-time Delivery and NCR Reports.
- Summary Billing
Let LoneStar Fasteners provide the Solution to Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control for your Company today.